Wednesday, July 18, 2007

THE CATTANOOGA CATS!! Cartoon LP Plus 16 Bonus Tracks!






DADDYKIN HAD THIS TO SAY WHEN HE SHARED THIS LP:

"Hi. The Cattanooga Cats were yet another band that played their gigs on Saturday mornings instead of on Saturday nights! The cartoon cats were always one of my faves. Combining elements of bubblegum, sunshine pop, soul and even country, they were sort of like a cartoon Lovin' Spoonful.

The Hanna-Barbera series ran on ABC-TV in 1969. Sunshine pop guru Mike Curb was the musical director. From my vinyl rip I give you their only album, plus 16 TV-only bonus tracks. Original album cover art is in the folder along with some extra cool pics. Enjoy!

TRACK LISTING:

01. CATTANOOGA CATS THEME
02. MOTHER MAY I
03. HOW DID I EVER GET SO LUCKY
04. WAIT A MINUTE FOR COUNTRY
05. MY GROUP HAS TOO MANY CAVITIES
06. ALLE ALLE OXEN FREE
07. COUNTRY CARNIVAL
08. JOHNNY JOHNNY JUMP-UP
09. MY GIRLFRIEND IS A WITCH
10. MY BIRTHDAY SUIT
11. MERRY GO-ROUND
12. MY MAGIC MACHINE
13. COME BACK, BABY
14. I DON'T BELONG TO ANYBODY ELSE BUT YOU
15. HONEY
16. CHILDREN UNDERSTAND IT
17. GIVE YOUR LOVE TO ME
18. GO
19. GUESS WHAT I HAVE DONE
20. I NEVER KNEW
21. INCOMPATIBLE
22. IT'S SUMMERTIME
23. LOVE WON'T STAY AWAY
24. PRETTY AS A PICTURE
25. SHE SURE GOT SOUL
26. SITTIN' BY THE FIRESIDE
27. THE STORY OF MY LIFE"


THE CATTANOOGA CATS INDEX PAGE

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing--I got this from Daddykin originally. The music is superb. Some clips from the show are on YouTube and I guess Boomerang showed some episodes.

mwb said...

Thanks for doing this. This is great.

I'm intrigued that the album doesn't have all their songs on the show.

I recently got hooked on their song "Sleep Tonight" (with Peggy Clinger leading) and I was kind of hoping it was on the album too.

Dave said...

I'm not sure why either. I don't know if Daddykin wasn't able to find it on any of the videos or what happened that he didn't include it.
Dave

James Fox said...

Not to be picky, but it seems you haven't gotten all of the songs from the cartoon

Dave said...

This was one of MondoDaddykin's Blogshares that I re-posted here since he closed his blog. According to his original post the songs came from his own LP rip plus bonus tracks from the cartoons. Other than what he said I have no other info.
Dave

waw5114 said...

I posted this in my Cartoon Group with the extra songs on it.
Plus I just found another song on youtube "She's The Right One"
listed as "Bubblegum Songs"

Bill

Dave said...

This share was compiled, and shared by MondoDaddykin, and is re-shared here at my blog with his express permission only. So please don't feel that anyone and everyone is allowed to share it on your own blogs without HIS permission. I'm not sure he cares. I just want it known that I'm not giving anyone free reign to re-share the compilation because I don't have the right to do so.

Dave

Unknown said...

I found this thread after looking for the alternate version of "My Girlfriend is a Witch." This LP is gold. Thank you so much for posting.